Our face is one of the most exposed parts of the body to the environment, whether it’s direct sunlight or harmful particles in smog. For these reasons it is essential to take care of itusing products high quality cosmeticsso as not to cause erythema on already stressed skin.
Among the natural ingredients considered miraculous are olive oil, a true elixir of beauty.
Olive oil, benefits for the skin
Olive oil is definitely a pride of the Italian territory, an irreplaceable ingredient in our dishes, regardless of the region of origin. This viscous substance with an incomparable taste it has many properties that are often associated with its ingestion.
However, few people know that its benefits can also be obtained outside the body, for example apply it on the skin of the facewhere it acts in a delicate but equally effective way.
Why do we use olive oil?
If you have particularly sensitive skin, definitely this natural ingredient is made for youstarting with your daily beauty routine, since it is a powerful natural makeup removerable to remove any residue without clogging pores. Just apply a few drops on a cotton ball and wipe it on the affected areas.
But the benefits of this elixir are just beginning, because being rich in oleic acid it is also indicated for extremely dry skinwith an emollient action, nutrient and moisturizingespecially after a day in the sun or after a facial hair removal session.
The other substances contained in olive oil, such as vitamins A and E, polyphenols, phytosterols, chlorophyll and polyunsaturated fatty acids, give it anti-aging properties, acting as an antioxidant and plumping up wrinkles, especially those of expression; for this reason it is one of the favorite ingredients of lotions dedicated to the skin of the face.
Finally, olive oil turns out to be also a powerful herbal anti-inflammatoryparticularly indicated for people suffering from eczema, acne or other irritations: its soothing action helps get rid of impurities and restore the natural balance of stressed skin.
How and when is it applied to the skin of the face?
Now that you know all the benefits of this substance, you will surely want to know how you can use it.
First of all, it should be clarified that this is a delicately balanced compound: Direct light and heat sources alter its balance in a process called oxidation. For this reason, it is recommended to store it in a cool, dark place.
That said, as already mentioned, on the market there are many products that include it among the ingredientsbut if you wish, you can prepare lotions directly at home or use them in pure form.
Here is how to apply it according to its function:
- Like, how makeup remover you can put a few drops on a cotton swab or disc and gently wipe the affected areas. In this case, if mixed with a few drops of lemon juice, it will also act against acne by disinfecting;
- If you need soothe redness or irritationyou can boost its beneficial effects by mixing it with aloe vera extracts and then applying it directly to the skin for immediate relief.
- We talked about his ability to fill in wrinkles, but how? It is enough to spread it pure before going to sleep or as soon as you wake up, insisting on the areas where the so-called expression wrinkles appear.
- If olive oil is massaged into the face for a few minutes a day, it will stimulate skin regenerationwill reduce unsightly scars, also in combination with lightening substances such as lemon and hydrogen peroxide.
- In case of dry lips it can be mixed with brown sugar and honey to hydrate them and make them softer.
- The combination of olive oil and brown sugar is perfect for creating a natural scrubable to remove impurities from the skin of the face, for a silky effect to the touch: just massage it in with circular movements, leave the mixture to act for five minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
As you can see, the uses of olive oil on the face are many, making it one of the best solutions in the cosmetic field because it is completely naturalalso suitable for the most sensitive skin and can be applied to everyone without contraindications, even pregnant women and children.
However, care must be taken to buy a product whose quality is expressly certified.